Monday 14 September 2009

You're a Star


A quick post from me today as I need to get some more cards made. I've got all day meetings for the next 2 days so have to work later than usual and might not get much time for crafting but will try to visit your blogs. I just bought some digital downloads from the wonderful Pollycraft and this image is perfect for Digital Tuesday's challenge of all about kids. I am really pleased with the effect I got with his jeans. I wanted to give them a faded look so used the cornflower Promarker and then coloured ivory in a circular motion on top. The star is Cuttlebug and the sentiment is a Personal Impressions stamp. The fab sketch is from Crafts 4 Eternity and teenage boys is the theme at Secret Crafter.

My 6 new pink and purple Promarkers arrived today so I can't wait to use them this evening.

13 comments:

pinky said...

Great card Marianne, have these little downloads too. Love your colouring especially the jeans, must try that combination. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Suzette said...

Lovely card and I love your colours too. Thanks for joining in at C4E

Hugs
Suzette

Christy Dillman said...

Super cute card, love it! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.

Hugs,
Christy-C4E DT member

Jill said...

fantastic card Marianne, I love the image and the DP too thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne this is a great male card! Your colouring looks fantastic, love the jeans!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Dotty Jo said...

Great card Marianne, and your colouring job on those jeans is soooo wonderful! He's just a total dude! ( I think I am showing my age with that statement!) Jo x

dolcreations said...

Marianne this card rocks! I love those bold, bright colours! Very nice!
Christine

Skraptacular Designs said...

Hi Marianne,

My name is Priscilla, from Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. I am writing to you to let you know that you have been chosen by our DT to be our Guest Designer in October.

Could you please e-mail me at misscill@yahoo.com and let me know if you will accept our offer and join us for some Stamptacular fun?

Congratulations! Hope to hear from you soon!

Hugs,
Priscilla

debby4000 said...

oh he is fab, brilliant card.
luv
Debby

Andie's Space said...

Hi Marianne,
Your card is fab & your colouring is brilliant. Good tip on the jeans, they look geat! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

michele said...

great card Marianne! gorgeous colouring thanks for joining us at c4e this week hugs mx

Ali Dantre said...

Just fab..what a cool dudie!

:-)

Hugs
Lisa.xx

Donna said...

Brilliant card Marianne and definitely perfect for a teenager! The bright colours on this card are fab! Thanks for joining us at SCSC this week :) Donna x