Tuesday 24 November 2009

Purple Sugar Bowl


SECOND POST FOR TODAY. I don't know why I nearly always seem to post in two's.
I know, I know it's purple again but I decided to combine it with pink, definitely my fave 2 colours for Christmas cards this year, especially with these gorgeous papers from DCWV and BG. The sketch at the Sugar Bowl this week seemed much easier than normal. Perhaps I'm getting better at this or more likely it was a simpler sketch than some of theirs. Whatever it is a lovely sketch as always and I absolutely love this card. The card also had to include zigzags and as I had this gorgeous sparkly zigzag strip it was the inspiration for my colour scheme. I decide to cut out the image for a change and mounted her on a stamped star, which also gives a zigzag effect. Her fur sparkles beautifully and a few pink sequinned snowflakes just finish off the design.

I hope you're all getting on well with your Christmas cards. I still have 4 to make for orders plus some more for myself so won't have a lot of time for blogging this week. It's one month to go but let's not panic.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Another lovely card! This little santa girl looks fab coloured purple.

Lisa x

dolcreations said...

I have to say I LOVE the purple/pink cards for Christmas! It is always refreshing to try something new! I just love all the glitter and the zig zag is awesome! Your images were coloured so beautiful. You go girl...you are on a roll, that is for sure!

Lilian said...

This is gorgeous Marianne! It's lovely to see a different color combo for Christmas! Thanks for the inspiration!
Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a wonderful day!

cats whiskers said...

This is just beautiful dear what a stunning colour scheme
Hugs Jacqui x

Lynsey said...

Another beautiful purple Christmas card Marianne and one of my fav images!
Hugs Lynsey x

Mel said...

congrats huni on winning! hee ure card is stunning xxx