Friday 30 July 2010

No DPs


This week at Winter Wonderland Danielle challenges us to make a card without any designer papers. Now like most of you I love my papers but a challenge is a challenge and as a DT member the challenge must be taken. I often use embossed card for no paper challenges but decided to try something different this time. I used an old Dovecraft snowflake stamp all over the card. The DT were lucky to get some images from the sponsor this week, Sassy Studios. I don't usually use peach for a Christmas card but really like peach and blue with the gold. I used "Baby it's cold outside"layered onto a glittered gold scalloped oval, added some MS punched glittered gold snowflakes and a couple of gold stars and a gold sentiment.

Less than 5 months to Christmas, scary I know, so if you haven't made a good start on your Christmas cards, maybe this week is the time to get going.

I am scheduling this post as I am spending the weekend in Yorkshire. On Friday we are driving across the moors to Scarborough where we are spending two nights and on Saturday night we have tickets for an outdoor 80's concert so am praying for good weather. As I am away I can't link to any other challenges this week but there are plenty of Christmas challenges at the moment.

6 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

I love the hand crafted background, and the glittery snowflakes, a perfect compliment for this lovely image
Have a great weekend
Kate xx

Danielle said...

A fabulous card Marianne - I love the stamped background with the snowflake stamp! And peach, blue & gold is fab colour combo! Have a great weekend - hope the weather stays good for you!
Hugs, Danielle

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Such a lovely card! I love the snowflake stamped background and fab image.

Hope you have a lovely weekend and I will keep my fingers crossed for good weather!

Lisa x

Milnie said...

what a gorgeous christmas card! enjoy your weekend!

Lynsey said...

Fantastic Xmas card Marianne! Love your stamped background. Hope you have a great weekend away and enjoy the concert tonight.
Hugs Lynsey x

Gina said...

Fabulous card Marianne :D I know what you mean about dp's but it's nice to play with inks for a change isn't it :D XXX