Thursday 22 October 2009

Chocolates for Christmas


This little teddy with the box of chocs was a free stamp with a magazine a couple of months ago. I used my new peony nesties, should have inked the edges I think. Too late now, I'll make a mess. I bought a long Sizzix swirl with holly in America and used this for the holly leaves, to which I added veins wit a glitter pen and some red gems. You can win some of these in my candy. I added some glitter to his hat. Now here's a tip, don't add the glue and glitter and then put the image through the die cutting machine, duh. I ended up with glue and glitter on my cutting plate and he has an interesting glitter shadow on his hat, which is quite effective, but I won't be doing that again. Papers are Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses.

Challenges
Basic Grey Green, red and blue
Cute Card Thursday Candy Corns (sweets/candy)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty card Marianne, thanks for joining us this week on Cute Card Thursday.
Caz
x

Audrey said...

great card! i wouldn't change a thing!

Lynsey said...

You are getting on well with your crimbo cards Marianne! The nestie is looks great, you did make me laugh about the glitter! It does look though, sometime happy accidents look better.
Hugs Lynsey:)

Kim Costello said...

Gorgeous christmas card Marianne and great tip too LOL, hope it's cleaned off ok or all your die cut makes will sparkle! Thanks for joining us at BG challenges Blog, HuGs Kim and the Team :)

Annie said...

aww, such a cute teddy bear! thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x