Thursday 24 December 2009

First and last


I've been promising myself that I would try making an easel card and yesterday finally got round to making one. I couldn't believe how easy it was, and how effective. This is my second and last guest DT card for the lovely girls at Moving along with the times. It's a great challenge this week, use your fave sketch from any of their past sketches. Well I couldn't possibly single out one as my fave as they are all so great so I chose my image and then found a sketch to suit.

I did turn the sketch upside down as I wanted this little cutie from Sugar Nellie to look into the flowers. I also moved some of the flowers to fit my design. I echoed the sparkly flowers on the inside. Papers are all Papermania Amethyst Infusion, one of my fave packs. Purple flowers are Prima with an added spacer and brad. The white ribbon and pearl flower is from America. Can you believe I am giving away some purple ones in my candy above, when purple is my favourite colour. Still I think you should give away things you would like to have yourself.

I hope you will find the time to join in this week's challenge. For all those of you who have never entered one of their challenges, make it one of your New Year's resolutions to stat playing along each week.

6 comments:

pinky said...

Well done on getting your first easel card made and its a goodin! Just love your beautiful papers. Happy Christmas Marianne.
Pinky

Lynsey said...

Wow Marianne what a beautiful easel card! I love this beautiful card!
Hugs Lynsey x

Wiccababe said...

absolutely gorgeous - and in my favourite shades too
Debz
xx

Pop's Cards said...

This is brilliant hun i love the cute image isnt she sweet, gorgeous colour scheme too, big hugs Pops x x x

Queen La Rubba said...

This card is gorgeous! Truly lovely!! I love the DP and the entire design. The little girl is sooooooo sweet! Love the purple combo!!
Thank you for the kind words you left on my blog!

HAPY NEW YEAR TO YOU!

HUGS
Rach
Queen La Rubba

dolcreations said...

I love this easel card. They are so fun to do aren't they! Lovin' the purple!

The new look to your blog is so you! Very fresh looking..love it!
Christine