Tuesday 29 December 2009

Sugar Bowl at last


I just had to change my blog today. I had enough of the wintry scene. The only trouble is there are so many great layouts out there it is hard to choose. Hope you like it. I'd like to make the header more interesting so may have a play about with that when I have time. I had a huge sort out of my stash today to make room for new stuff. I now feel very organised but have only had time to make one card so far when I planned to make several.

I finally got round to making a card for the Sugar Bowl challenge. The challenge has been there for 4 weeks so I don't know why I am so late with making my card this time. Still, better late than never. As well as a sketch the card has to be in your favourite colour, so that choice was easy. I used one of the new SN stamps, Erin. She is mounted on Nellie cut circles, embossed with Cuttlebug divine swirls. Flowers are Prima, fern is an MS punch. I added some flower brads and gems to finish.

6 comments:

Lynsey said...

Fantastic card Marianne! Love how you have mounted the image onto the nellies I must try that out. Love your new look blog, and its the perfect colour for you!
Hugs Lynsey x

Meital said...

What a beautiful card!!

The background is also great!!! I just LOVE purple :):):)

Meital

Margreet said...

Fab card in your colours........ánd a fab layout, in your colours too!
xxx Margreet

Tkat said...

i totally understand not being able to decide on a blog background...there are soooo many awesome ones out there! i love yours!!! gonna see if i can find something good (more scrappy) at the site you used...

pinky said...

Well you may have only made one Marianne but its a real beauty. Love the colours and the lovely frames and embossing. Well done on your win today.
Pinky

Lilian said...

Gorgeous work Marianne! Love your image and the pretty frames you used.
Thanks for taking time to join us this busy Holiday Season at the SB challenge! Hope to see you in the next challenge too & Happy New Year!