Thursday 18 February 2010

Manga girl


They always have such interesting sketches at The Sugar Bowl. I decided to mix purple and aqua for a change, only the second time I think I have ever sued this colour combo. Papers are Clare Curd and Papermania heather capsule collection. The glittered card is Doodlebug. The added extra with the sketch is 3 flowers, 2 brads and a button which I added to the Prima flowers. I added a crystal to the corner for added sparkle.

My buttons are in little tower containers divided into 4 and unfortunately I hadn't put the top back on the container properly and when I put it in the drawer the buttons went everywhere. That's when you realise how many buttons you have in just one section and how tiny some of them are. What a joy that was picking them all up.

Apologies for the photo but I had to use the flash, which I hate doing. The background paper looks green instead of aqua and the middle flower looks pink instead of purple.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Lovely image Marianne. I can't say I have ever used the colours together but I think I might give it a go now!! Jill x

mudmaven said...

I love this color combo - might just have to give it a spin too! That image is adorable too. ~chris