Wednesday 9 May 2012

Mason's Christening

Thank you for all your thoughts yesterday. It was a very difficult day but a beautiful service.

Today I have a christening card for an order. I kept the colours very soft on this one. I decided not to go for an all blue or white card and the gorgeous Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby papers were perfect for the colour scheme I had in mind. I used the gorgeous LOTV image with the minimum of colour from Promarkers. I used an MS border punch, some scrim, ribbon, teddy bear charm, Hobby House pearls and made some bunting for the name.The chipboard letters were from an old Dovecraft set. I forgot I had these letters but they went perfectly.
Challenges
Lili's little fairies Anything Goes
Incy Wincy Spots and dots
Papertake Cute, cute, cute
Divas by Design One for the boys
Cute Card Thursday One for the boys
I would also like to enter this into Lisa (Wishcraft's) waste not Wednesday for using the letters.

I made the top 3 at Pollycraft and top5 at Try it on Tuesday, thanks girls.

Don't forget to enter my candy (see post above).

18 comments:

rachel said...

Brilliant card Marianne - really glad you got through yesterday. Hugs Rachel xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is so cute - i love the bunting with the little letter brads
Thanks for joining us at Diva's this week
Lisa x

Linda said...

What a beautiful card
hugs linda

Chris said...

Beautiful card I love the colours. Chris xx

The Crafty Blonde said...

beautiful card, love the image and pretty papers and details.
Lyndsey xx

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful card Marianne, I love the image so cute.

Hugs Julie x

mags said...

Lovely christening card and nice soft colours. Love the bunting.
Mags
x

Vicky said...

So beautiful Marianne....love the layout and banner hun :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

gorgeous card marianne.i love the sweet image and fab design and colours :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

This is so pretty and so vintage I love it Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Card. I love that image and you've done a great job with the colours. xx

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful love the bunting and gorgeous layers and such a pretty image and charm
Hugs Kate xx

Lynsey said...

This is a gorgeous Christening card Marianne! Perfect image.
Hugs Lynsey x

misteejay said...

What a lovely image and such a beautiful card.

Toni xx

Sheryl said...

A lovely, pretty card. I love the image , colours and the bunting is super. Thanks for joining us at INCY WINCY this week.
Hugs
Sheryl DT xx

Stamping Shanni said...

Lovely card Marianne - I think that Mason's parents will just love the colours and layout. Thanks for sharing.
Stamping Shanni

Laura Bradley said...

This is so sweet! Thanks for joining us at Divas. Laura x

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous Marianne!

Thanks for playing along with us at PTW this week
Good luck!
xx