Tuesday 29 January 2013

Tractor


I'm off to the hairdresser this morning and I will be so gad to get my fringe cut. It's really beginning to annoy me now. Hubby asked me to make him a get well card for a friend who is recovering from a major operation. Any idea what you would like on the card I asked. He would love a picture of a tractor he said as he has 4 vintage tractors he takes to shows. I knew I had a digi somewhere and just had to find out where. I file my digis under the maker's names and knew I had chosen one as a prize so I could use it for my friend Lynsey's hubby one year as he works on a farm. Anyway I found the digi from Sunshine Stamps. Next conversation was what colour shall I do it? The colour of his favourite tractor please. Yes I know, well each to their own hobby. So here it is and he was delighted with it, so that's what matters. 

I coloured it with Promarkers and added glossy accents to the glasses and light. I kept the design simple using Prima Craftsman papers, Core'dinations and MB cloud die.
Challenges
Cards for Men Transport 
Paper Shelter Anything Goes
  AllsortsMasculine 
Here come the boys Bingo (blue, die cuts, patterned paper)

24 comments:

Jackie said...

What a brilliant fun card, I love it :o)
Jackie xx

Squirrel x said...

Oh the requests we get! Love this hun, great job - if a tractor can be cute, then this is it! Hugs Sxx PS Happy trimming :o)

pinky said...

Its perfect, and love all your layers. Enjoy the hairdressers.

julie_woolston said...

Fab card Marianne I love the tractor.

Hugs Julie xx

Pop's Cards said...

Good Morning sweetie, this is just stunning, huggles Pops x x x

Sue said...

Fabulous card Marianne, love that image and great layout.
Sue xx

Wiccababe said...

brilliant - love the colouring on the back tyre especially
Debz
x

rachel said...

fabulous fun card Marianne and I'm so glad you managed to please your hubby - fabulous xx

Tanya said...

My dad is tractor mad too haha, I made him a tractor card for his birthday last year :) This is gorgeous, I love the colour combo :)

Tags xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous...fabulous image and details.xxx

Lorraine said...

A brilliant card for a tractor fan! Love the colours and layout.
Lorraine x

Christine Dol said...

Marianne your card is perfect for your husbands friend. That fact you took the time to get the perfect image and coloured it all up is so nice!

Sonia said...

Wonderful card my dearest friend^_^
Beautiful funny image^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Lynsey said...

Fab card Marianne your post did make me smile!
Hugs Lynsey x

downrightcrafty said...

a little behind sorry, great image lovely colouring and adore those clouds
Hugs Kate xx

mags said...

A great card Marianne. So nice to be able to add a personal touch to a card.
Mags
x

Unknown said...

What a fab image! Great card x

Sandra H said...

This is so beautiful the images you used are stunning and coloured to perfection absolutely gorgeous and a really lovely layout too !! xx

Eileen said...

I'm not surprised he was pleased with it. This is an utterly delightful card that really made me smile. Love it.
Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter for our 'Anything Goes' challenge and good luck
Eileen x

Mina said...

oooohhhhh I dont like going to the hairdressers at all, I would rather go to the dentist lol...I love that cute tractor, its a perfect image for a boys card...thank you so much for your Birthday wishes on my blog
Mina xxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Such a brilliant design beautifully coloured, great image. Thank you for joining us at Here Comes the Boys challenge good luck
Ginny ♥

coops said...

stunning male card marianne.really fab image and design :D

xx coops xx

Claire said...

This is a great card Marianne with a fun image. Perfect male creation. Hugs, Claire x

Craftdee Donna said...

It's great that you took so much time to personalise this card - it's what makes hand-made card "special" (IMO, lol) Fabulous card for the Bingo challenge at Here Come The Boys
Thanks for joining in, good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna ☺