Friday 29 December 2017

Coffee and a good book


I made this for a friend whose Birthday was a couple of days ago. Always a challenge to know what to make as doesn't like cute images. However she does love going out for coffee and enjoys a good book. We share the same taste in book mostly so we are always swapping books, mostly thrillers and mysteries.

I recently bought some wooden embellishments from The Works and the idea for the card came from the coffee one. The papers are Bo Bunny Weekend market.  it my not be clear but the strip of paper is rows of books. I crimped some kraft card to represent the cardboard holders you get with some takeaway cups, added some cream burlap and string and a sentiment I found in my stash.

I would like to enter the anything goes challenge at Simon Says.

12 comments:

Isobel said...

Lovely card x

Wendy L said...

Great card Marianne, I love calling in at the Works when I,m back in UK,xxxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love the crimped kraft card representing the coffee holders, great idea and lovely card.
Lorraine

Janette said...

Lovely card, hope your friend was pleased...xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fab masculine card, great idea for your friend's birthday!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Great idea for a card Marianne. My birthday soon but a bit too old for my liking.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous. I love a good book too. My favourite books to read are Tom Clancy books.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Christine Dol said...

Perfect card for your friend!!!

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely fabulous colours and design Marianne,
I'm reading a Ken Follett book just now, Kate x

Sarah said...

That is what I love about handmadking cards, the ability to tailor make for all sorts of likes. That paper is brilliant xx

cotnob said...

A super card Marianne, great papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Fikreta said...

its so very nice!